The Pew Law Center is a team of dedicated tax attorneys who are ready to fight to protect your rights and help you resolve the tax debt issues that may be overwhelming your life right now. From getting crucial tax relief you need to the resolving your debt issues, Pew Law Center offers an entire suite of services to address your concerns and solve your problems.
Getting that fresh start is as easy as contacting us today. Our tax attorneys are ready to meet you. You can call to schedule a free consultation or fill in an online form. You can also chat with us on our website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
We understand that facing the prospect of fines, penalties and tax liens can be stressful and intimidating for you. Call us today to find out how we can help you proceed towards a better financial future.
About Lawrence ‘D’ Pew
Lawrence Pew is the Managing Attorney for the Pew Law Center, which is one of the leading tax law firms in Arizona. Mr. Pew, an experienced tax attorney, is a native Arizonan who graduated from Arizona State University and from Barrett’s Honors College with a major in Finance and a minor in Sociology. After graduation, Mr. Pew was recruited by IBM as a financial analyst where he controlled a billion-dollar budget and was instrumental in saving the company over $90 million in one year.
Mr. Pew went to law school in San Diego and focused his education on tax law, business planning, real estate and estate planning. During law school, Mr. Pew served as president of the J. Reuben Clark Law Society and the Federalist Society. One of his highlights during that time was being invited to Washington D.C. as part of a Federalist Leadership Conference where he met Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas.
After law school, Mr. Pew returned to Arizona and worked with law firms including Phoenix’s largest consumer law firm where he helped hundreds of clients with bankruptcy cases. When he founded the Pew Law Center, his vision was to run a client-oriented law firm designed to provide superior client representation and a high quality of customer service. Mr. Pew’s compassion for his clients adds a deeper meaning and level to the quality of his legal representation.
Mr. Pew is a member of the State Bar of Arizona, the American Bankruptcy Institute (ABI), and the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys (NACBA). He continually educates himself on the latest trends and developments in the areas of bankruptcy and tax to ensure the highest service possible for his clients. Mr. Pew has a reputation of helping clients find real world, practical solutions to complicated challenges.
“I find the most satisfaction knowing that I can make a positive difference in people’s lives,” he says. “And I can make that difference particularly during the darkest, most challenging time in their lives when they feel like there’s no hope.”
Why Hire Our Tax Lawyers?
There are many reasons why hiring the Arizona tax attorneys at Pew Law Center can prove advantageous. Here are a few of those reasons.
- While a lot of tax issues are civil matters, which can be resolved by negotiating with the IRS, there are some cases where there is the potential for criminal charges. In these cases, taxpayers may be looking at the possibility of a federal trial and even a prison sentence. If the IRS accuses you of tax fraud or tax evasion, you may be in a pretty serious situation. If you find yourself in this position, you need to contact our experienced tax lawyers immediately to help resolve the situation and prevent serious consequences.
- Our tax lawyers can give you the assurance that we will not be called on or required to testify against you. The confidentiality of communications shared by the attorney and client are subject to attorney-client privilege. And that means those communications will remain confidential even when the IRS charges you with committing a tax crime. You will not enjoy such confidentiality protections with other tax professionals such as CPAs or enrolled agents (EAs). They could be forced to testify against you about what was discussed.
- Our Arizona tax attorneys are trained legal advocates, something CPAs and EAs are not rained to do. We will offer solutions that seasoned tax professionals may not be able to provide or even envision.
- We are skilled negotiators. It is important to remember that in-depth knowledge of tax laws and superior negotiating skills are at the heart of a successful resolution. Lawrence Pew is not only a skilled negotiator, but also a recognized leader in area of tax law.
- When you give an Arizona tax attorney the power of attorney on your IRS matter, he can legally represent you, negotiate on your behalf and advocate your case in any written correspondence, verbal communication or meeting with the IRS. Your tax attorney can also represent you as attorney of record in a court of law in any tax case.
Get the Help You Need Today
So, when you get that call from an IRS agent or a notice in the mail telling you that you owe back taxes, fees or penalties, call an Arizona tax attorney at the Pew Law Center before you respond to the IRS. Trying to deal with such complex issues on your own could land you in more trouble and deeper in debt. The more you put off these issues, the larger your debt could get. More penalties and interest accumulate making your debt even more significant.
Our tax lawyers can help you negotiate an Offer in Compromise, where you can settle your IRS debt for a fraction of what you owe, or help negotiate a settlement where you pay off your debt in doable monthly installments. If filing for bankruptcy is the best option for you, our law firm is well-equipped to handle your bankruptcy case as well.
Your tax debt may be completely erased by filing for bankruptcy, depending on your situation. We will put a stop to those harassing calls, notices and letters from the IRS and help you forge a strong financial future. Call us at (480) 745-1770 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation.